This page contains information that is specific to Alberta based licensees.
|Get Current Price List* (PDF)||Get Current Price List (Excel)|
|Alberta Service Standards||Order/Shipping Policies|
|Order Payment||Delivery Policies|
|Minimum Order Requirements||Customer Service Directory|
|Calgary Holiday Notice*
Edmonton Holiday Notice*
BDL provides ALL* customers within the province of Alberta NO CHARGE** delivery to the customer’s primary acceptance area within 48 hours on a weekly basis for all customers.
(* with the exception of a small number of isolated locations; ** based on minimum order quantities)
There is a 48 hour order lead time requirement on all orders in the province. This means all customers ordering their beer from BDL need to place and pay the AGLC for the order 48 business hours prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Please refer to the following table for ordering and payment cut offs for each day of the week
Scheduled Order Delivery
|Scheduled Order Delivery Day||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|Order Placement and Payment Deadline||Order and Pay by 1:00 p.m. Thursday||Order and Pay by 1:00 p.m. Friday||Order and Pay by 1:00 p.m. Monday||Order and Pay by 1:00 p.m. Tuesday||Order and Pay by 1:00 p.m. Wednesday|
All orders must be placed and paid for by 1:00 p.m. in accordance with the above schedule. All customers are assigned a delivery day.
Also, BDL will pick up all empty containers originally supplied by BDL from a customer location and return them to our warehouses at no charge to the customer with each weekly full goods delivery.
These standards represent our “base level” of customer service; however, we continue to strive to exceed this standard in order to meet our customer’s needs while maintaining a highly efficient distribution system which minimizes impact on product pricing.
As a valued BDL customer you have the right to expect service levels indicated below. Should we ever fall short of these expectations please contact our Customer Contact Centre at 1-800-661-2337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Customer Service support for all business-to-business inquiries through our Customer Contact Centre.|
|Correct products ordered, picked, and delivered in good condition.|
|Pleasant and courteous drivers, both BDL and common carriers.|
|Safe and attentive service at warehouses when completing self-pick up orders.|
|Timely resolution to any customer concerns.|
|Empty containers picked up promptly with each scheduled delivery.|
|Contact will be made if delivery will be late due to unforeseen circumstances.|
All customers are assigned a specific delivery day, which is the day that the customer’s product leaves the BDL warehouse. In the case of all city customers, delivery day and the day product is actually delivered (delivery day) are the same.
Minimum Order Quantities
BDL will provide no charge delivery, once a week, to all customers in Alberta on orders equal to or greater than:
- Packaged product only — $1400
- Kegs only — $300
- Mixed order — $850
A delivery charge of $75.00 will be assessed for orders less than the minimum order quantities described above. Minimum order quantities do not apply to add on orders.
Personal Pick Up of Product
Pick-up orders can be placed in Beer for Business directly. Orders will be available for pick up after 4 hours of placement and payment up until 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
Note: Certain Highway Traffic Board regulations may apply to these pick-ups. Please check with your nearest Highway Traffic Board office for further information.
[Top of Page]
Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) regulations require that all products be paid for in advance. The order and payment cutoff is 1:00pm, 2 business days prior to delivery. Whereas customers order their product through Beer for Business these orders then go immediately to the AGLC where they remain on hold until payment is made. Upon AGLC confirmation of payment, orders are released to BDL for picking, assembly and shipment.
Orders paid late will be cancelled upon order cutoff time. If a payment is made to AGLC late and the order has cancelled, please advise AGLC to apply payment to a new order, once placed.
[Top of Page]
- Deliveries will only be made when and where a representative of the customer is present to receive the product and sign the delivery documents.
- If a customer refuses delivery when offered, for any reason, including not being present personally or represented, no payment, etc., the carrier will retain the product. The customer will subsequently be contacted and asked whether the order should be redelivered or canceled and a credit issued.
- The carrier is only responsible to supply one person on a truck and it is that person’s responsibility to place the BDL product in the Primary Acceptance Area, which is inside the customer’s first doorway. Deliveries will only be made to primary acceptance areas that are at ground level, unless safe and appropriate ramps, elevators or lift devices are provided by the customer.
- Where a gravity conveyor is used and the customer provides manpower to accept delivery at the foot of the roller, the carrier’s responsibility will end with placing the product onto the head of the roller.
- Delivery will only be made to the customer’s regular premise indicated on the Bill of Lading.
- Customer delivery receiving facilities such as keg chutes, conveyors, ramps, lifts, etc. must be kept clean and in good repair by the customer in order to prevent injury to delivery and receiving personnel or damage to product or to carrier’s equipment.
In general, the customer is responsible for any and all delivery impediments. When the carrier is unable to affect delivery due to such impediments, the order shall be retained by the carrier. The customer will subsequently be contacted and asked whether the order should be redelivered.
Delivery impediments include, but are not limited to:
- Snow, ice, water and any other material inhibiting safe and reasonable movement between carrier’s truck and primary acceptance area.
- Unattended vehicles or equipment blocking delivery access.
- Blockage of delivery accesses due to municipal or private construction or maintenance.
- City or Municipal by-laws which prevent normal delivery.
|Min. Order Requirement||AB||Fee|
|Packaged Goods Only||$1,400.00|
|Kegs Only||$300.00||$75.00 + tax|
|Customer Service||BDL Customer Contact Centre||Toll Free: 1-800-661-2337 Email: BDL@BDL.ca|
|Payment||AGLC Payment Collections||780-651-7673|
BDL Customer Contact Centre
280 Sovereign Road
London ON N6E 1P5
#135, 12285-18th Street NE
Calgary AB T3K 0Z1
|Edmonton Warehouse (MTE)
11250 189 Street
Edmonton AB T5S 2V6