This page contains information that is specific to Alberta based licensees.
|Get Current Price List*||Get Code/Inventory Sheet*|
|Alberta Service Standards||Order/Shipping Policies|
|Current Fuel Surcharge Details||Order Payment|
|Delivery Policies||Customer Service Directory|
|Calgary Holiday Notice|
*NOTE: These forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available on-line…
|Package Size||Per Pallet Config||Per Tier Row Config||# of Tiers per Pallet|
|Bottled Beer – 6||336||48||7|
|Bottled Beer – 12||168||24||7|
|Bottled Beer – 18||105||15||7|
|Bottled Beer – 24||84||12||7|
|Bottled Beer – 1.18L||75||15||5|
|Canned Beer Labatt – 6 pack (355 ml)||480 (Keith 624)||48||10 (Keith 12)|
|Canned Beer Molson – 6 pack (355 ml)||576||48||12|
|Canned Beer Labatt – 6 pack (473ml)||384||48||8|
|Canned Beer Molson – 6 pack (473 ml)||432||48||9|
|Canned Beer – 12 pack (750 ml)||126||14||9|
|Canned Beer – 12 pack (950 ml)||96||12||8|
|12 pack cans 355ml||288||24||12|
|15 pack cans 355ml||216||18||12|
|18 pack cans 355ml||180||15||12|
|24 pack cans (Cube)||144||24||6|
|30 pack cans||108||18||6|
BDL provides ALL* customers within the province of Alberta NO CHARGE** delivery of Molson and Labatt products to the customer’s primary acceptance area within 48 hours on a weekly basis for all customers.
(* with the exception of a small number of isolated locations; ** based on minimum order quantities)
There is a 48 hour order lead time requirement on all orders in the province. This means all customers ordering their beer from BDL need to place the order 48 business hours prior to the scheduled delivery date and arrange payment for that order 24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Please refer to the following table for ordering and payment cut offs for each day of the week
Scheduled Order Delivery
|Scheduled Order Delivery Day||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|Order Placement and Payment Deadline||Order by 1:00 p.m. Thursday
Pay by 1:00 p.m. Friday
|Order by 1:00 p.m. Friday
Pay by 1:00 p.m. Monday
|Order by 1:00 p.m. Monday
Pay by 1:00 p.m. Tuesday
|Order by 1:00 p.m. Tuesday
Pay by 1:00 p.m. Wednesday
|Order by 1:00 p.m. Wednesday
Pay by 1:00 p.m. Thursday
All orders must be placed and paid for by 1:00 p.m. in accordance with the above schedule. All customers are assigned a ship day.
Also, BDL will pick up all Molson and Labatt empty containers from a customer location and return them to BDL warehouses at no charge to the customer with each weekly full goods delivery.
These standards represent our “base level” of customer service; however, we continue to strive to exceed this standard in order to meet our customer’s needs while maintaining a highly efficient distribution system which minimizes impact on product pricing.
As a valued BDL customer you have the right to expect service levels indicated below. Should we ever fall short of these expectations please contact our Customer Service Manager at 1-800-661-2337.
|Courteous, prompt, and accurate telephone service for all order inquiries from our order desk customer service representatives .|
|Correct products ordered, picked, and delivered in good condition.|
|BDL city drivers who are neat in appearance and wearing company uniforms.|
|Pleasant and courteous drivers, both BDL and common carriers.|
|Safe and attentive service at warehouses when completing self-pick up orders.|
|Timely resolution to any customer concerns.|
|Empty containers picked up promptly with each scheduled delivery.|
|A telephone call if delivery will be late due to unforeseen circumstances.|
All customers are assigned a specific shipping day, which is the day that the customer’s product leaves the BDL warehouse. In the case of all city customers, shipping day and the day product is actually delivered (delivery day) are the same.
The delivery day of rural customers is determined by common carrier schedules and is usually one day after your shipping day. The resulting delivery day should be consistent throughout the year.
Minimum Order Quantities
BDL will provide no charge delivery, once a week, to all customers in Alberta on orders equal to or greater than:
- 60 dozen bottles or cans or
- 2 kegs or
- 30 dozen bottles or cans and 1 keg
A delivery charge of $20.00 will be assessed for orders less than the minimum order quantities described above. Minimum order quantities do not apply to add on orders.
Out of Stock Products/Substitutes
Occasionally customers may order Labatt or Molson products and at the time of order placement, find that all inventory has been previously sold. Our customer service representatives will advise customers of the following in these situations:
- When the product will be available, providing we have received information from the respective brewery
- Offer the same product in a different package size.
- Offer the same product in another package type (i.e. if no bottles, offer cans).
- Offer a similar product in the same brewer product line.
Note: Our customer service representatives will not recommend which products customers should purchase outside of the circumstances indicated above.
Personal Pick Up of Product
- Orders for the same day pick up must be placed between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m., with a minimum of 3 hours between order placement and actual pick up.
- Orders placed after 12 p.m., or in excess of 60 dozen, will be available for pick up on the next business day.
- Orders must be paid prior to release.
Southern Alberta Customers
Customers located in southern Alberta may pick up orders of any quantity from the BDL Calgary warehouse Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., subject to the “Personal Pick-Up Order Procedures” described above.
Self Pick-Up Orders for Southern Alberta customers are to be picked up at: #135, 12285-18th Street N.E., Calgary.
Northern Alberta Customers
Customers may pick up orders of any quantity from the MTE facility Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., subject to the “Personal Pick-Up Order Procedures” described above.
Self Pick-Up Orders for Northern Alberta customers may be picked up at: 11208 – 189 St., Edmonton.
Effective July 1, 2007 BDL applies a fuel surcharge in Alberta based on the total product weight on a customer’s order.
Effective Aug 13, 2012 the current Fuel Surcharge Rate is $0.003384 per pound
The following table illustrates examples of the fuel surcharge per package for each of the following standard package sizes. The package weight is estimated based on an average weight of multiple SKUs:
|Package Size||Estimated Weight (pounds)||Fuel Surcharge Amount per Package|
|1.18L bottle (single)||4.21||$0.014247|
|4 pack can 250ml||3.2||$0.010829|
|4 pack can 355ml||4.83||$0.016345|
|6 pack bottle 341ml||8.25||$0.027918|
|6 pack can 355ml||5.00||$0.016920|
|6 pack can 473ml||6.63||$0.022436|
|8 pack can 355ml||6.67||$0.022571|
|12 pack bottle 341ml||16.75||$0.056682|
|12 pack can 355ml||10||$0.033840|
|12 pack can 750ml||21||$0.071064|
|15 pack bottle 341 ml||20.94||$0.070861|
|15 pack can 355 ml||12.5||$0.042300|
|18 pack bottle 341 ml||25.13||$0.085040|
|18 pack can 355ml||15.15||$0.051268|
|24 pack bottle 341ml||33||$0.111672|
|24 pack can 355ml||20||$0.067680|
|30 pack can 355ml||25.25||$0.085446|
Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission regulations require that all products be paid for in advance. Whereas customers order their product through the BDL order desk, these orders then go immediately to the AGLC where they remain on hold until payment is made. Upon AGLC confirmation of payment, orders are released to BDL for picking, assembly and shipment.
Orders released late due to late payment will be delivered on the next scheduled delivery day.
AGLC Payment Options
- Customer establishes a Bank Guarantee and effects payment through IVR process, in accordance with “order lead times”.
- Customer effects payment through a certified cheque that is couriered or self delivered to the AGLC in order to comply with the “order lead times”.
- Deliveries will only be made when and where a representative of the customer is present to receive the product and sign the delivery documents.
- If a customer refuses delivery when offered, for any reason, including not being present personally or represented, no payment, etc., the carrier will retain the product. The customer will subsequently be contacted and asked whether the order should be redelivered or canceled and a credit issued. Re-delivery will incur a delivery charge of $45.00.
- The carrier is only responsible to supply one person on a truck and it is that person’s responsibility to place the BDL product in the Primary Acceptance Area, which is inside the customer’s first doorway. Deliveries will only be made to primary acceptance areas that are at ground level, unless safe and appropriate ramps, elevators or lift devices are provided by the customer.
- Where a gravity conveyor is used and the customer provides manpower to accept delivery at the foot of the roller, the carrier’s responsibility will end with placing the product onto the head of the roller.
- Delivery will only be made to the customer’s regular premise indicated on the Bill of Lading.
- Customer delivery receiving facilities such as keg chutes, conveyors, ramps, lifts, etc. must be kept clean and in good repair by the customer in order to prevent injury to delivery and receiving personnel or damage to product or to carrier’s equipment.
In general, the customer is responsible for any and all delivery impediments. When the carrier is unable to affect delivery due to such impediments, the order shall be retained by the carrier. The customer will subsequently be contacted and asked whether the order should be redelivered. Re-delivery will incur a delivery charge of $45.00.
Delivery impediments include, but are not limited to:
- Snow, ice, water and any other material inhibiting safe and reasonable movement between carrier’s truck and primary acceptance area.
- Unattended vehicles or equipment blocking delivery access.
- Blockage of delivery accesses due to municipal or private construction or maintenance.
- City or Municipal by-laws which prevent normal delivery.
|Toll Free: 1-800-661-2337|
|Delivery||Calgary City||Supervisors, Operations||403 531 1060|
|Southern Rural||Supervisors, Operations||403 531 1063|
|Edmonton City/Northern Rural||Administrator, Warehouse||780 732 6537|
|Payment||Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission (AGLC)||blank||780 732 6526|
#135, 12285-18th Street NE
Calgary AB T3K 0Z1
|Edmonton Warehouse (MTE)
11208 189 Street
Edmonton AB T5S 2V6